Experience the majestic landscapes and joyful culture of little-visited Bhutan on this enchanting 7-day adventure. Begin in Thimphu, Bhutan’s busy capital, where you’ll meet local artisans and visit enlightening museums. Take in unbeatable views of the Himalayas on your way to Punakha, where your local leader will introduce you to ancient dzongs, bridges and monasteries. Tuck into a homecooked meal at a farmhouse in the Paro Valley, try your hand at archery, Bhutan’s national sport, and hike to the legendary Tiger’s Nest monastery. You’ll soon see why Bhutan’s people are considered some of the happiest on earth.
- Thimphu – Gagyel Lhundrup Weaving Centre
- Thimphu – Nado Poizokhang Incense Factory
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Thimphu – National Memorial Chorten
- Thimphu – Village walk to Cheri Dorji Dhen
- Thimphu – National Textile Museum
- Thimphu – Buddha Dordenma
- Thimpu – Simply Bhutan Heritage Museum
- Punakha Valley – Chimi Lhakhang
- Punakha – Khamsum Yulley Namgyal Chorten hike
- Punakha – Punakha Dzong view & photo stop
- Punakha – Sangchhen Dorji Lhuendrup Nunnery
- Paro – Taktsang (Tiger’s Nest) Monastery hike
- Paro – Home-cooked dinner
- Complimentary Airport Departure Transfer
- Hike to Taktsang, commonly known as the Tiger’s Nest, the small monastery clinging to a rocky cliff 900 metres above the valley floor, and soak in its magnificence.
- Discover the 15th-century fertility temple of Chimi Lhakhang, and visit the magnificent Punakha Dzong, an ancient fortress and religious centre that sits at the confluence of two rivers.
- Feel the heat of Bhutanese cuisine when you tuck into traditional meals made with red rice, local cheese and lots of tastebud-tingling chillies.
- Experience Bhutanese hospitality in the Paro Valley when you enjoy a homecooked meal at a rustic farmhouse and opt to take a soak in a traditional hot stone bath.
- Spend a day exploring Thimphu, from the city to the woodlands, visiting the Cheri Dorji Dhen monastery, National Memorial Chorten, Simply Bhutan and the National Textile Museum.
Paro - Thimphu
Paro / Tiger's Nest Monastery